Wednesday, February 20, 2013

a sculpted life

You know those days where is feels like nothing is right?  Gloom and the cloud of uncertainty are looming over your head.  You are faced with decisions that will have a bearing on the rest of your life?  Whatever the choice you make the other option seems just as correct.  Yesterday it seemed so right and today it appears so wrong.  To live with the decisions we make today, tomorrow.  Can I live with myself if I chose one thing over another?  Once a decision is made the effects of it are forever there.  How do I continue on if the choices I make today prove to be wrong?  Why can I not turn back the pages of time?  What things can I do today that will save me this agony in the future?  Why do I ask so many questions?  Where are all the answers?  Must I too uncover them?!  Screaming at the top of my lungs will do nothing, not even startle the ants below my feet.  There is no relief to my sorrow.  The aching stabbing pain in my chest is not caused from a blockage in a vessel but from love and a fear of what the future holds.  The future holds the answers to all the questions I now have.  How can something so intertwined not provide the answers to the questions so sought for in the here and now?  Shall I become numb so my tender heart is no longer raw but callused?  The agony of today will produce the person I will be tomorrow.  I must make the most of today.

No comments:

Post a Comment