Friday, February 15, 2013

Not everything is changed for the worst with a sudden life changing word like cancer.  Time spent with others is not taken for granted and enjoyment is found in the small things. Small things like trying to take off the new gel nail polish. Have you ever tried to take that stuff off?!  It is darn near impossible.  I decided to look it up in the Internet after a few feeble attempts were well, attempts.  One site said use foil with cotton balls soaked in acetone as this generates heat and causes the acetone to work faster.  Melody and I found that it may ward off aliens or create a new twist on Edward scissor hands but it does not work on removing the polish.  It did create a few memories of the good times though.  Here are a couple pictures we took.  The  first is warding off aliens or trying to give my phone better reception.  The second picture is the first time she actually enjoyed coffee (Signet Roast might I add) since her diagnosis!  It was a happy moment as Melody used to love coffee.  One of the lesions is on or by the portion of the brain that controls taste so her likes and dislikes of food have been changing.


My cousin said the silver lining in life right now is that our family is closer.  We are closer now than I ever thought imaginable.  I know that as time goes on we will become even closer and more dependent on each other.  God has His hand on my life and I know His strong arm is the major thing that keeps me going.  I have a bracelet that I wear that says "Stand Firm."  It comes from a scripture in Ephesians 6:13 and I sum it up as "put on the full armor of God and do everything to live for God and when you have done that continue to stand firm."  I use it for my life because although God is my Rock and my foundation right now it seems it is all I can do to just stand firm on His promises. So I do just that, Stand Firm.  It is a reminder to me as to why I am living and my purpose in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment